Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cookies and Things

Yesterday was a busy day for Angel Cake Delights, as I continue to try new recipes and cost them out to put them on my menu. I have come up with a few cookies as Helle Salon has asked for healthy treats to provide to her clients. With this I have been coming up with recipes that have heathy properties in them. And I will be incorporating essential oils from Rivendell Aromatics for healing properties soon.



I started with chocolate dipped strawberries. Strawberries are great to ward off infection and keep your heart healthy. They are known to have anticancer, antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties also. And add dark chocolate (70% cacao) which also have antioxidants and "feel-good" properties. So eat up! They will be sold by the dozen, seasonal only.


Then I moved to a Banana Oatmeal cookie. They are not very pretty but are very tasty. They contain bananas which promote sleep and are a natural antibiotic. Honey, which is good for the liver. Sunflowers seeds, that contain pectin to help remove toxins & heavey metals. Rolled oats, dates and orange which are all fabulous for you. They are a light soft texture and have mega flavor. These are a great energizing treat.




Honey Granola Bars that also have a soft light texture and are healthy. With honey, sunflower seeds, rasins, granola, cinnamon and wheat germ they are filled with lots of vitamins such as folate, vitamin E, zinc, selenium, iron & magnesuim.








Then I did an Orange Carrot Cookies that are filled with orange, fresh shredded carrots, coconut and walnuts. Walnuts are known to strengthen the kidneys and liver. Carrots are a superb detoxifier and help kill bacteria and viruses and coconut regulates thyroid function. These are a little crisper with an orange glaze to add more sweetness.






I completed my crazy day with a nice fresh farm cheese. I made this with local whole milk and fresh picked herbs from my garden. It is amazing and would be a great item for a brunch or cocktail party. It's beautiful and SO good. And by the way... it's not healthy in anyway. Well maybe if you say it has calcuim...

So that's it for today! I hope to get back into the kitchen early next week for more delights from my kichen...

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing, and I REALLY need a sweet treat now!

    ReplyDelete