Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dinner for Three

Good Rainy Saturday! Time to nest and fill the kitchen with the smells of a home cooked meal. Today my boys went hunting and I stayed home to play in the kitchen and I came up with some new recipes to share with you.


I started with  biscotti. They are filled with crushed fennel and golden rasins and have a wonderful aroma. They are crisp but tender and yummy with a little sweetness to them!

Then we'll be having Baked Potato Soup with bacon, sourcream and sharp cheese. It's thick and has a great texture. This will be served with a carmelized onion tart topped with blue cheese and an avocado, cucumber, goat cheese salad. The tart has an intense deep flavor of sweet onions and the saltiness from the cheese.

To end our meal this evening we'll be having a classic apple tart! I'm serving it with a whisky whipped cream.

Wish you were here to try it all but you can find all these items on my menu for you to order. Have a wonderful night, I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. You inpired me to fill my kitchen with wonderful aromas of my own creating. Great combinations of flavors and textures. Beautiful photo's to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woman, that whole meal sounds ridiculously awesome and the salad is so simple!

    ReplyDelete